The BBC micro:bit Board Only
The micro:bit is a pocket sized computer that has been designed to make coding fun and easy to learn. The micro:bit is completely programmable so you are able to create endless fun from making games and music music to programming and controlling robots.
Donât let itâs small size fool you, even though the micro:bit measures in at only 4cm x 5cm, this tiny computer has an powerful ARM Cortex m4 processor and 512KB of flash to store your programs on. The latest version of micro:bit v2 is backwards compatible with previous version of the micro:bit as well as software and equipment. As well as more memory and a CPU upgrade, it also has a higher power output of 200mA to accessories. The edge connectors also have small indentation to stop clips slipping off.
The micro:bit v2 is available in 4 colors and has various individually programmable inputs and outputs including a 5x5 LED matrix display, user control buttons, speakers Bluetooth connectivity and newly added speaker and microphone. The micro:bit v2 also features a temperature sensor, accelerometer, touch sensitive logo, and a built in sleep/off mode.
- 1 x micro:bit v2 board - available in 4 colors red, yellow, green & blue (please note we cannot control the color of the micro:bit you will receive)
- 1 x Quick start guide
Features and Benefits of the micro:bit v2
- 25 LED display
- 2 user input buttons
- ARM Cortex-M4 CPU
- Bluetooth connectivity
- 20 pin edge connector
- Built-in speaker and microphone
- Touch sensitive logo
Getting Started with your micro:bit
- You donât need lots of equipment to get started with the micro:bit - all you need is power and a PC or mobile device to program it on.
- Once the desired code has uploaded to your micro:bit, either with a USB cable or via Bluetooth, this will stay in flash memory and you can run it as many times as desired.
- Just re-program the device when youâre ready to try a new project - only one program\e can be held at a time.