The Tektronix AFG31101 Arbitrary/Function Generator is a high-performance AFG with built-in arbitrary waveform generation, real-time waveform monitoring, and a large touchscreen. Providing advanced waveform generation and programming capabilities, waveform verification, and a modern touch-screen interface, the AFG31101 is sure to delight and simplify the job of every researcher and engineer.
- Manufacture: Tektronix
- Part Number: AFG31101
- Channels: One (1)
- Output amplitude range (50 Ohm): 1 mVP-P to 10 VP-P.
- Patented InstaView technology enables engineers to see actual waveform at Device Under Test (DUT) in real time, without need for oscilloscope and probe, eliminating uncertainty caused by mismatched impedance.
- Sequencing option adds ability to program long, complex waveforms with up to 256 steps.
- 9-inch capacitive touch screen works like smart phone and has short-cuts to frequently used settings.
- Built-in ArbBuilder lets you create and edit arbitrary waveforms on instrument, eliminating need to connect to PC.
- Outputs protected from over voltage and current to minimize potential instrument damage.
- Compatible with TekBench software to help students set up, control, and analyze test results in lab environment.
- Basic (AFG) mode:
- Sine waveform: 100 MHz.
- Sample rate: 1 GSa/s.
- 14-bit vertical resolution.
- Built-in waveforms: Sine, Square, Pulse, Ramp, Noise, DC,Sin(x)/x, Gaussian, Lorentz, Exponential Rise, Exponential Decay, Haversine.
- Run modes: Sweep, Burst, Modulation (AM, FM, PM, FSK, and PWM).
- Advanced (Sequence) mode:
- Run modes: Continuous (optional Sequence, Triggered, Gated)
- 16 Mpts arbitrary waveform memory on each channel (128 Mpts optional).
- Up to 256 steps in sequence mode with loop, jump and wait events.
- Variable sample rate: 1 uSa/s to 1 GSa/s.
- Advanced research
- Clock and system synchronization
- Replication of real world signals
- Component and circuit characterization and validation
- Embedded circuit design and test
- General purpose signal generation